The principle objective of South Lakeland Carers is to provide support for carers to enable them to continue in their caring role. Looking after someone can be exhausting, which is why it is important that carers look after their own health and well-being as well.
We do this in several ways, including:
- Carers’ assessments. Every carer receives an assessment of their needs which enables us to target the support we offer.
- Emergency cards for carers. In the event of an emergency for the carer the plan ensures the person they care for is safe.
- Lasting Power of Attorney form completion and registration service
- One to one support with a Carer Support Worker
- Your Support Worker is available to talk through any issues you may have, however trivial they seem. Many people feel that just talking through a problem can make a difference.
- A sitting service for the cared for.
- We arrange for a trained volunteer to sit with the person you care for to enable you to take a break.
- Counselling – Click here to read more
- Relaxation therapy treatments – Click here to read more
- Monthly support groups in various parts of South Lakeland, and a weekly Kendal based Drop-in for adult carers.
- A variety of social events.
- Production of a newsletter each quarter.
- Signposting on to other agencies and organisations where necessary.
All our services are FREE to carers.
Get in touch with us directly through the contact page